Monday, July 13, 2009

Getting Close

Well, we've been very lax on the whole "updating the baby blog" project, but better late than never, right? We just took some pictures, and thought it would be a good time to post them. I am getting very, very close to my due date now, which is theoretically the 25th of July. My feeling, however, is that I may well be late.We've also been busy trying to get things ready... I don't know if I've officially entered the "nesting"phase yet, but I've certainly been keen on getting a bunch of projects done. Here is one we actually completed about a month ago, and it turned out even better than I had hoped. I made all the little birdies and the nest, and Clark was the genius behind making the whole thing balance properly. We found the alder branches while on a walk in Point Pleasant Park.

More photos and updates to come, I promise! At the very least, we will also be posting newborn pictures whenever that happens.

8 comments:

Johnson Matthew said...

テラーすごくあかるいになた

Tara you're visibly glowing...

Clairissimo said...

I love that mobile you should teach mobile making classes!

So excited!!!

Unknown said...

Nice way to keep in touch. Tara, you are looking good.

Agnes said...

You look beautiful, Tara! It won't be long til you meet your new little one - so exciting!

That mobile is lovely, did you felt the birds? xo

Tara said...

Thanks, guys!

Agi - I sewed the birds (using old fabric scraps) and stuffed them with kapok. They were actually not very difficult at all.

DontMindLosing said...

what's kapok?!

lookin' great, t!

exo

DontMindLosing said...

p.s. thanks for linking our blog!

exo

Tara said...

Hey Erin;
Kapok is a natural fiber that is harvested from the seed pods of the kapok tree. We ordered a bunch off of ebay a couple of years ago when I made some meditation cushions, and we had a bit left over for just such projects!