Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On the move!



It's been awhile since I've posted, but with good reason - we have been on a reatively epic road trip. The three of us drove from Halifax to Fredericton then onto Montreal for a few days (I was presenting at a conference there), then to Ottawa for almost a week (Clark had a poster at a conference there). Then Juniper and I took Juniper's first train ride to Toronto to visit Zsofi and Will (Clark drove later that day), and then just today, Clark left for Rimouski QC to do a bit of work with some colleagues, and Juniper and I took Juniper's first plane ride back to Fredericton. We'll hang out here until at least the end of the weekend (Clark joining us likely on Friday), and then well all drive back to Halifax on Monday or Tuesday. WHEW!

Obviously, I have tomes worth of posting to do, which I'll get to over the next little bit. Just to give you all an exciting highlight, however, I wanted to post this short video, of ... wait for it... Juniper's first real steps!!! A little over a week ago (a day or two after her 10 month birthday), Juniper decided it was time to try out some freestyle walking. She has been soooooo close for awhile, but I think was given the incentive she needed after spending some quality time with a few 1.5-2 yr olds. She still hasn't mastered the art yet, but she's getting better and bolder as the days go by. More to come soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Her head looks like it weighs SO much in these videos! I love your giggly "Yay" in the background of both of those videos Tara!

I hope your both doing well in Fredericton! Have a great week-end!