Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Waiting Game


It is Thursday afternoon, Oct. 13.  I was officially due four days ago, and I had suspicions that the full moon on Tuesday night might have coaxed this baby out.  Apparently not.  It has actually been kind of a rough last few weeks... if only because this house has been sick, sick, sick.  We each got a cold, to start things off.  Then, just as that was abating, Juniper got some weird virus (or something), that had her vomiting, feverish and very lethargic, finished off by a nice post-viral body rash.  Then, when it was clear that she was over that, two mornings ago, Clark came down with a stomach bug.  He seems to be over it today, thank goodness.

Luckily, we've had a whole host of people to help out - we had arranged to have this potential labour period covered so that there was always someone on call to take care of Juniper when the time came.  Theresa was here for much of last week, then Faye came down, and she left this morning, to be replaced by my mother this afternoon.

So where does that leave us today, you ask?  Actually, I think I can say that I am officially "in labour", to some extent.  "What?", you ask - "in labour and doing a blog post?" Well, my water broke last night at 3:30am, and I started having pretty regular contractions, and I thought for sure I was on the fast track to having a nice day-time baby today.  It was really quite ideal timing - Juniper at daycare, my mom on her way, and our midwife on call.  But then the contractions petered off to sporadic, and this is where I've stayed all day long.  So it it is still a waiting game, but a very different one than it was when I started this blog post last night.  I'm currently just trying to not let morale dip too low - resting, walking keeping busy.  Thus, the blog post.

Speaking of keeping busy, this has been the theme the last week or so - here are some pics from all the things we (and particularly I), have been doing as the countdown began. 

1. Hang-outs! 

This was actually from at least a few weeks ago, but cute enough to add:

Andrea and Dinesh and Faye were all here for Thanksgiving Monday:

2. Getting pampered:

Theresa spent days and days cooking us delicious food to put in the freezer:


3. Taking "artsy" shadow belly shots:



4. Being ridiculously industrious.  As industrious as one can be while mostly sitting down and puttering around the house, that is.  Seriously, you wouldn't believe the quantity of things I have created in the last week or so.  Here's a sampling:

Bagels.  I have had no interest in preparing food lately, except bagels.



A peaked cap for Juniper (I had looked for one all over and couldn't find one, so opted to try making it instead):

Housecoat.  Again, I just couldn't find one, so I scrounged together all the bits of flannelette that I had, and made what ended up being "Juniper's Amazing Technicolour Housecoat":

A ring sling for Honey: it's way cuter with Juniper wearing it, but I'm sure I'll have more of those pictures in blog posts to come.


A celestial-themed mobile for the new baby:

Footed leggings for the new baby:
And finally - why not include a random video?  I had wanted to add subtitles for those of you who aren't used to Juniper's toddler talk, but it proved a little bit too much of a learning curve for my current state of mind.  Happy deciphering!  And stay tuned - I can guarantee it won't be long now before a new little being will have arrived into the world.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Tara and Clarke, but mostly Tara....GOOD LUCK with the delivery! I hope that beautiful bundle is with you very very soon! I am so excited for the next post! :)