Sunday, April 13, 2014

Still no art


I just couldn't do it this week... I'm sure it really won't take all that much to organize a little post about some of the art that's been happening around here, but it does require taking some specific pictures, and Sunday did not lend itself to such pauses. It DID lend itself to taking Juniper to the last monthly round of folk dancing in Woods Hole for the season, however, so it was well worth putting my blogging plans on hold for another week.

mama-daughter yoga
I don't really have many stories with which to regale you, so I suppose I'll just post a few photos from the week.  Oh, and maybe an anecdote.

Juniper tries her "magic key" in potential fairy holes
Someone got a new hat
Looking out over Oyster Pond
A duck comes to visit
Purple flowers, purple girl
Scene:  It is evening.  Both kids have been put to bed.  Clark and I are finally sitting on the couch, and we hear a little persistent sing-songy chant:

"daddy!  daddy! daddy! daddy!"

It is Juniper.  She knows full well that she is not supposed to call down the stairs after bedtime unless there is some emergency.  Clark goes upstairs, very annoyed.

Clark:  "Juniper, you know you aren't supposed to call down.  What is the problem?"
Juniper:  "Ummmmm, I'm scared I'm going to have bad dreams.  Or that everyone is going to die in a fire"   (there are endless variations on these themes that she makes up and has at the ready)
Clark:  "OK, well you know the rules.  If it wasn't an emergency, and you called me up, then we're not going to be able to sing songs tomorrow night."
Juniper: "Oh, I know.  But I'm not worried.  You usually forget about that, and we sing anyway."
Clark: (a little stymied, because that is, in fact, true):  "Well this time, I will not forget."
Juniper: OK, daddy - here's what you have to do.  When you get downstairs, like as SOON as you get downstairs, you have to say out loud to yourself 5 times in a row "no song tomorrow night. No song tomorrow night".  THEN you'll remember"
Clark: "Um, OK - thanks Juniper."
Juniper:  You're welcome.   Don't forget - as SOON as you get downstairs. Good night.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a spirited kid!
Erika