Monday, March 23, 2015

liminal limbo

One of our many daily post-nap selfies that we like to text to Clark to liven up his afternoon 
I wish I could entitle this post "a new home: phase two", but I don't feel that enough has been accomplished since last week to warrant such a designation.  We are slowly getting closer to signing a lease, but this hasn't happened yet (we have not yet been sent a lease to sign), and therefore everything is kind of hanging in limbo.  If we do indeed get this place, then we have, at the very least, hatched a plan for the move itself. It involves my mom flying down and driving to Ottawa with me and the kids, and Clark's dad driving down to help with the final packing and cleaning once the kids are out of here.  Clark's mom and stepdad might also come down beforehand to help keep kids occupied while we do some pre-packing.  We're lucky to have such amazing parents!  I'll have to remember this when our turn comes around in about 20 years time.

Constructing banana-peanut butter "sandwiches"
In the meantime, we've been going about life as usual, trying to muddle through despite the seemingly never-ending, varying incarnations of colds. No one has been as sick as we were during the February flumageddon, but no one has been entirely healthy since then, either.  It has been a ridiculous and frustrating ebb and flow of coughs and congestion and sore throats and headaches.  I kind of feel like we are all ready for a (very literal) new start at this point.  Let's just hope we don't collapse on the way there!
"Take a picture of me being funny!"
I will leave you with a little video of Juniper's first dance "recital" (the culmination of her 8 weeks of after-school hip-hop/ballet) - a gem that I can not seem to tire of, but which is likely a bit of a snooze-fest to most others :)  I do wish I had been filming on the other side of the stage, but you can still mostly see her.  She was quite literally the tiniest person there (almost a head shorter than the next biggest girl), and was clearly loving the limelight.  I think I can relate.  Also, don't forget to check out JuniperandLinden.org - this week, there is one instructional video on skiing.  Might as well take advantage of all that snow right?  See you next week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such grace, and elegance. I think you have a natural dancer there, Tara! thank you, again, for sharing.