Monday, April 20, 2015

The final week

I forgot to post this weeks ago.  This is what happens when you put Linden in a photo booth.  He goes crazy hitting all the buttons, until he somehow lands on the "poop and toilet paper" motif.  SO Classy.

As I write this, the house is in complete disaster mode.  It is Sunday evening, and I have done just about everything I can think of to do for our grand adventure tomorrow.  There are about a million more boxes to be packed and items to be organized, but I am now leaving all of that in Clark's (hopefully) very capable hands.  My task now is to triple check that we have everything we need for our epic car journey tomorrow morning (including all of the oh-so-important documentation for the border and beyond), pray that everything fits in the car, and try to get a good night's sleep.

This past week was exactly as I had imagined - packing, sprinkled with a whole lot of final goodbyes. We got to see everyone we had hoped to see (including one beautiful brand new baby!), and mostly got to visit all of our favourite haunts one last time.  My mom arrived Friday evening, and was able to take the kids everywhere they wanted to go while Clark and I went at the house as thoroughly as possible.  Thank goodness for moms!

As you can imagine, I still have a *few* things left to do this evening, so I will just leave you with a bunch of photos from the week.  Stay tuned for our first Canadian update next week!

Mr. Fancy on his last day of Child Centre

checking out the pond water
Linden was very taken with his present: a photo album of pictures of him from his days at the Child Centre
Linden and Miguel listen to their favourite story
At the farewell pottery potluck: Hollis and Linden trade sneakers
The pottery crew
Linden at the model boat show on Saturday
Juniper checks out her face art at Spohr Garden Daffodil Days
One last visit to the Woods Hole Coffee O
Playing for the last time at Taft's Playground.  Notice Juniper's new doll?  That was a goodbye gift from one of her teacher helpers.  She asked Juniper what she wanted, and Juniper said "either a doll, or a folder".  Yup, a folder.  Girl after my own heart.  But she got a doll.
One of the weekend's projects: smashing unwanted pieces of pottery.  Painful and yet oh-so-satisfying

2 comments:

Meg said...

Are you mosaic-ing that pottery or shall I? A beautiful 2nd life!

Safe travels! See you on the flip side :)

Hollis Engley said...

So long to the great Simmonds family! But we know we haven't seen the last of you!