Monday, May 25, 2015

Right Now

Peanut butter & honey, with a digger shirt.  So much goodness.
Right now:

- The coffee and the Advil are kicking in, and I might just make it through the day with my little three-nager (*might*).  I asked Linden where he would like to go on this rainy day (IKEA?  The gym?), and he resolutely told me we were going to stay home and eat.  So there you have it.

- Everyone here is mostly back to normal health-wise.  

- We have a house that is about 85% set up.  Not bad! This has been a massive team effort between the visionary/aquirerer of goods (me) and the visionary/super-amazing fix-it man (Clark).  It is a whole lot of time and money setting up a new place to live, I will tell you that much.  And now that everyone is not sick, we all mostly sleep right through the night.  It is therefore once again awesome having a grown-up bedroom.  You know what I can do now?  Read a little in bed before I go to sleep. A-Mazing.

- There is a family of birds (with brand new hatchlings)  living in the vent in the house next door, directly outside my office window.  This is both adorable, and constantly noisy.  I can currently see the babies poking their little beaks out, chirping for food.

- I am slowly starting to realize the awesomeness of living in the same city as old friends.  We've been so busy/sick that up until very recently, we've mostly been living in a bubble.  But we just had a very social weekend (invited out to brunch; visiting/procuring a couch; having people over for dinner), and it is very good for the soul.

And with that, I will leave you with some pictures of the past week in review.  There is, after all, a whole lot of sitting at home and eating that needs to be done.

My parents and Faye, the night before the long drive back to Fredericton
Crafts on the deck with Judith
Juniper shows off yet another vintage dress 
Making dried grapefruit sun catchers
I love getting notes like these.  Though I'm not sure Juniper took an official poll.
Punctuation?  Punctuation!

I will leave you with this demonstration of Linden's deplorable lack of core strength (you'll notice that he only succeeds in the end by surreptitiously pushing himself up with this arm).  He is one surprisingly strong little dude in most respects, but clearly we need to do some core training.  See you next week!




No comments: