Monday, April 18, 2016

broken record (again, and again...)

Three handsome Richards men
I hesitated when I went to write this post -- in part, I suppose, because I'm tired and cranky.  But mostly because I feel like it is the same post every couple of weeks.  Linden spends the weekend suffering from what turns out to be another double ear infection?  Check!  Clark has a work trip and leaves me to solo parent for a week?  Check!  A rather grim and uninspired cycle, if I do say so myself.  I'm sure you all love hearing about it at this point as much as I love writing about it.

There are, of course, always variations.  This time around, for instance, Linden was prescribed a new type of antibiotic, with the thought that the amoxycillin he usually gets has just never fully been doing the job (thus the reoccurring infections).  As it turns out, this new type of antibiotic not only tasted terrible, but also made him vomit repeatedly.  (My least favourite scenario). So another trip to the clinic later, he's on a new new antibiotic.  Fingers crossed.

Juniper enjoys tending for the sick - especially when it is her little brother, and she gets to benefit from the sick videos.
On the brighter side, this weekend was a truly spectacular show of sunny, warm weather.  As in, it actually whispered sweet promises that spring might be here to stay. And Clark got all the screens back on the windows before he left, meaning the house is now full of fresh air.

Also (and most importantly), though Linden wasn't able to take full advantage, Grandma and Grandpa (Clark's dad and step mom, Bill and Barb), came for a short but sweet visit.  This is all by way of saying that despite Linden's sorry state (this afternoon, for instance, he fell asleep in the shower), I still got some pictures.  Enjoy! (while I go quietly weep in the corner.  Just kidding.  Heh heh.)

While Juniper and her grandparents went to the Agriculture museum for the day, Linden and I were laying low.  He rallied after some Advil, however, and requested an expedition to "find bugs". 
Even when you're sick, it's nice to snuggle with grandpa
Another valiant attempt to rally, in the name of warm sun and lots of mud work to be done
Group photo before Bill and Barb began their return trip
The result of dirt play and a continually runny nose.

No comments: