Monday, May 8, 2017

weekend visitors

Young Maiden Juniper -  I'm not sure how much of the day she spent wearing her capelet on her head, but this was how she looked when she got off the bus on Friday!
 I have only a few photos to share this week, and they are all from a short but fun visit we had with Deb and Yvon (Clark's mom and stepdad).  Seeing as we are in the midst of dreary, rainy, foggy spring weather, the weekend was mostly spent inside -- swimming in the hotel pool, getting treated to meals out, and a trip to the Museum of Natural History.  I still advocated for a Sunday woods walk (there is nothing quite as magical as a rainy, foggy forest), but we didn't manage to squeeze it in at the end. Ah well.  I'll just have to make up for it by going on my own later today.  There is no shortage of rain in forecast, let me assure you!

Lunch at the new(ish) Riot Snackbar.  Local, mostly organic food, unlimited fresh popcorn, and a classic, working pinball machine.  What's not to love?

Observing a tangle of snakes 

Super cool exhibit, where you can instantly change the topography projection by moving sand around

So many amazing frogs in the temporary frog exhibit!  This guy cracked me up.

Most poisonous creature on the entire planet (according the the expert frog guy who followed us around and gave us interesting facts)

Very brilliant blue.

Linden hanging out with Gus, the almost-95-year-old tortoise
Annnnnndddd.... that's it, folks!  Next weekend we have some more visitors coming, so I'm sure there will be more photos and stories to share then.  

No comments: