Tuesday, June 19, 2018

While waiting for one baby, let me introduce another!

My radiant sister Andrea, and her brand new son, Benjamin Robert Samarasekera

What, two posts in two days?  Yup!  I've been so negligent in posting this past month, I didn't have the opportunity to blog about the arrival of the newest Simmonds family addition - little Benjamin Robert Samarasekera.  He was born on June 1st, weighing 8 lbs, 1 oz (a pretty hefty size for a guy who came two weeks early!), and looks very much like his big brother, in my humble opinion.

I obviously have not met little Benjamin in person, as Andrea and family live in Vancouver, but my parents have been hanging out with him for the last week and a bit.  Andrea just sent me a bunch of great shots to share, so without further ado:

I actually see a lot of Simmonds here

So tired!

Clearly plotting world domination in his sleep

All right, I'm awake - what now?

Bundled and cozy

Benjamin and mom have a moment

Serious times

More snuggles with Mary - my mom's favourite job, no doubt.

Dinesh and Jacob yuk it up in the pool - there are advantages to having a new sibling!

Bob and Jacob talk tools

So young, and already posing nonchalantly!

Hey look, it's my little brother!

Awww.....

Whenever I start to get nervous about having a newborn around again, I just think about Andrea and Dinesh, with a newborn and a barely minted ONE year old.  That's got to be a pretty big handful!

All right, now that's really it from me! See you soon!

1 comment:

Maureen Franklin said...

The pics are wonderful. We love seeing your Blog Tara. Mary and Bob are very lucky to be welcoming two more grandbabies to the fold this summer. Congrats to all!