Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy New Year!

 

Well, here it is, halfway through January already... 2011 is off to a speedy start!  When you have a child (especially a young one, I would imagine), everything seems new all the time, but really and truly this year feels like the start of a bunch of changes.  For instance, last week Juniper spent her first full day at a day care that she's going to start attending twice a week.  Apparently, she had a blast - she is there with her good buddy Patrick, and Cheri (the day care provider) is really very wonderful with them.  Clark dropped her off in the morning, then went back around lunch to help put her down for a nap (to see how she did), and then picked her up again at 4:30 or so.  No problems whatsoever.  I, on the other hand, sat at home and was more than a little weepy throughout the whole day.  I'm going to have to get over that asap, as one of the biggest reasons for doing this is so that I can actually get some work done on my thesis.  Hard to do that if you are calling for updates and crying all day long :)

Anyway, I thought it was high time to post some pictures and stories from over Christmas and these first couple of weeks of January.  I'll be brief, so that I can actually get it done.

I'll have some videos as well in a day or two - stay posted!

Christmas: Fredericton

Visiting my grandmother Doris

Ali was SO good to Juniper!

Riding her hand-made rocking horse (from her Grandpa Bill)

Christmas dinner (Steve meets Juniper for the first time!)

Juniper meets Matt for the first time!

Mmmm... brunch at Liz and Pat's

Juniper meets her brand new second cousin, Alexander

Play date with Zack!

Christie's baby shower
 New Years: At the farm
Playing with her great-grandma

Juniper found this little bike, originally made for her great-grandmother 90 years ago!

Hanging with grandma and grandpa

 My Birthday Party!

The party kids (Caleb, Isabella, Juniper, Patrick, Calla)
Presenting the fabulous homemade chocolate-mint ice cream cake

Half-way eaten!
 
A close-up of Juniper's new dress












6 comments:

Faye said...

It seems to me that 2001 had a speedy end 10 years ago! Also - are the renos on Kelli and Jamie's house all finished? That kitchen floor looks very different...

Mary Ogilvie said...

Lovely Blog post. Well worth the effort!

Lynn Addleman said...

Your baby has turned into a little girl! I certainly do enjoy your blog posts!

Anonymous said...

Wow–that birthday cake looks AWESOME! Love the picture post Tara–the pictures told the story! And what an awesome dress! Can't wait to see you guys in person soon!
-aunt t

Tara said...

@Faye - I have now fixed it to 2011. Very snidely observant. And yes - the renos are almost done at Kelli's, and the kitchen looks fabulous!
@Lynn - it's true! She's so grown up! And just the littlest bit bossy :)
@Theresa - the cake WAS amazing. Clark asked what I wanted, and when I said "chocolate mint ice cream cake", and I had no idea he's take me seriously. I think it will become a yearly tradition!

Zsofi Anna said...

Sooo cute in about a million ways. I think was lecturing me to put on a headband yesterday the same way she was admonishing Bob. She's a smart girl--it's more fun if EVERYBODY plays!