Monday, March 17, 2014

Sickness and Mud and Bears, oh my!


Check out the whelk shell!
Well, folks - what can I say?  It has been a pretty crap-tastic week.  Literally and figuratively. Everyone was sick, at one point or another. Clark had it the worst - I will absolutely give him that.  The problem with being the second-most-sick, however, is that means you are then also responsible for normal everyday affairs, while the definitely-sickest person rests/wallows in their own version of hell. Anyway, I don't want to talk about it.  Please, please, let this be the end of some not very pleasant weeks (health-wise, anyway), and let's move on, shall we? 

Because I basically have no pictures from our super not-fun week, I will include instead a couple of videos taken during the high points.  Who doesn't love a good video now and again?

1: MUD (and some words of wisdom):
Linden often breaks into song in the middle of meals. The other night, it was his version of The Hippopotamus Song (I included a link of the original in case anyone is interested). There are a couple of note-worthy elements, such as Linden's very deliberate "L"'s (he's been practicing), and Juniper's complete overtaking of the spotlight (I know I'll get flack for some supposed parallels between Juniper and a young Tara from those who grew up with me, so I might as well just point it out up front).  Then at the end I got Juniper to give me one of her (very zealous) bits of nonsensical wisdom.


2: BEAR SCARY. A Juniper original story.  I tried to put subtitles under it, but imovie crashed mid-way through, and as I was painstakingly starting the video again from scratch, I decided that I wasn't going to risk the subtitles the second time around.  So hopefully you can make out her words!  It is set to Sigur Ros's "Untitled 3". 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love happy endings. Thanks, Juniper!