Monday, June 9, 2014

Almost on our way...

Post-sprinkler picnic
 Clark is back. Thank. Goodness. I survived the week - albeit barely.  I pulled it off with the help of wonderful neighbours, an extra day of preschool/daycare, a bunch of Advil, and a whole lot of bonus sleep whenever I could manage it.  But my throat is still quite sore (over a week later!) and I'm perpetually exhausted.  So whatever this was (is?) really did a number on me.

Juniper making a fairy house at pottery class.
 Anyway, needless to say, I did not spend the week snapping whimsical pictures of our many hilarious escapades...  I was too busy grasping desperately at the threads of sanity that were receding farther and farther with each passing day. (not to be overly dramatic or anything).

Today we madly try and get ready for an epic road trip - bright and early tomorrow, we are off to visit some wonderful friends in Ontario and Quebec.  Did I mention it was a road trip?  With two young, demanding, bouncy kids?  Please wish us luck. Juniper has already packed her own suitcase, and apparently I'm not allowed to touch it or make adjustments, so we're already off to a good start.

I leave you with a mixed media piece I found on the easel yesterday (acrylic, glitter glue, wildflowers), entitled "buttercup painting".

buttercup painting

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Love the painting. It's magical!