Monday, June 2, 2014

Sick and solo

Mud Pool
This is going to be a short post - I am sick with some sort of flu-like thing that has left me miserable, but clearly functional enough to take care of both kids solo.  Clark is off at a conference in Quebec, I literally started getting chills and a sore throat etc maybe an hour after he left.  Needless to say, this weekend has been a bust, but there were a couple of things during the week that were picture-worthy:

I weeded the garden, and Juniper made herself a "mud pool", where she sat and made mud cakes for hours.
Linden, of course, joined in on the fun when he got up from his nap.  They have never been so muddy.
Juniper, about to go to "kindergarten orientation". WHAT?  That's right, folks - kindergarten in the fall.

Tackling the climbing wall
At a b-day party on Saturday, which  I miraculously brought them to.
I'll leave you with some Linden musings I've been getting lately. You can let me know if they make sense to you, because I'm still trying to puzzle them out...

Linden: "Mom, can I squeak your breast?"
Tara: "Ummmm... no?"
Linden: "Why?  Is it too hard?"

Linden: (grabbing my face with both hands) "Mom, can I rip your face off?"
Tara: "Goodness, Linden! No!"
Linden: "Why?  Is it stuck?"

And there you have it. Here's hoping the rest of my solo week goes better than the first bit!




No comments: