Monday, September 1, 2014

Getting Settled...

I always forget exactly how amazing O'Dell Park is
We are back on the Cape!  Just a little over three weeks of relatively constant road-tripping, visiting, playing and appointment-keeping, and I would say that all four of us are ready for a whole lot of down-time back in our own little space.

Whether or not we actually get that down-time remains to be seen - this week marks not only the beginning of September, but also the beginning of what I have always considered the new year.  Juniper will be starting her very first day of Kindergarten, Linden will be starting his very first day at the Child Centre, and, for the very first time since Juniper was born, I get 4 consecutive mornings to work.  I have grand aspirations to actually pump out the rest of my thesis - wish me luck!

Dreaming big
And so, as we pause momentarily at the edges of jumping into so much newness and excitement, I shall briefly recap our last week in Canada. Enjoy!

Mary's Birthday:
My mom turned 65 while we were in Fredericton!  To celebrate, we all descended upon my sister Kelli and family (who had all just returned from a Hawaiian vacation earlier that morning), and had a delicious meal compliments of Faye and Sandeep. 

Juniper and Bob
Hijinx in the wagon (Ethan is piled under Sawyer and Linden!)
Sawyer helping Linden make the shot
Cousins!
Group shot
CRAZY group shot (I think my dad wins)
Visiting
Clearly, our whole trip was one non-stop continuum of visits, which is amazing. And exhausting. But way more amazing than exhausting.

Linden and Great Aunt Evie
Evie got out her huge box of buttons, and let the kids dump them out and play. Heaven.
The kids had SO much fun with Faye and Sandeep (and Clark and I had SO much fun while they were looking after them!)
 Miscellaneous...

"I am the Lorax! I speak for the trees!  Let them grow! Let them grow!" (Linden proclaims this loudly every time he finds a tree stump)
On a mission to find fairies in O'Dell Park
Juniper came equipped with a flashlight and magnifying glass.  Sadly, no fairies appeared.
NEW HAIRCUT! (she got about 10 inches off!)

After the big haircut, Juniper became obsessed with doing everyone else's hair
Right before our epic journey home, bright and early Saturday morning
Goodbye, New Brunswick (and Nova Scotia)!  Hello Cape Cod!  Stay tuned for some "first day" pictures next week...

No comments: