Monday, November 9, 2015

Luck and Love

Super-relaxed selfie in front of Spa Nordik
This week's post is slightly different from the norm - no tales of family adventuring, and (gasp!) not one single picture of the kids.  But that is because this week turned out to be decidedly different from how we had envisioned it.

To wit:
1. You know all that bellyaching I've been doing over the last month?  "Poor me - I have a broken foot"; "poor me - I had to have both of my root canals retreated? "  Well, it would appear as though all that bad luck is changing.  The root canals are done, my foot is mending, AND we won not 1, but 2 draws we had entered.  We now have a whole extra year's membership at the Nature Museum, and tickets to a local play.  (And for those who are going to suggest I buy a lottery ticket, I already did, and sadly did not win a million dollars.)

Juniper decides to attempt a sill life drawing
 2.  Here's the real kicker:  Clark and I got "LoveBombed".  So, last week we got an email from our dear friend Erin, who said that she and Mish had a super-fun idea for this weekend, but it was to be a surprise.  We had to be up and ready to go on Saturday, and plan to be out and about until supper time.  No clues, no lists of things to pack.  It was all very mysterious, and fun, and all four of us waited in anticipation to see what the day would hold.  The only advice I was given was that I might want to shave my legs (?).

Then, on Saturday morning, Erin, Mish and Zack appeared promptly at 9am as they had said they would, and Erin proceeded to give us this:


Um, what?  To begin with, a whole day to ourselves, just me and Clark, is about the nicest gift anyone could bestow upon us.  But to spend that day at the SPA?  Honestly, I never thought I would get to spend the day at the spa with Clark.  Not until we're at least 50.  It was the most overwhelming, generous, thoughtful and amazing surprise I'd ever been given, perhaps in my whole life.  And the day was incredible.  Anyone who has never been to Spa Nordik should really make it a priority.  We leisurely went from hot pools to saunas to cold dips to lounging in front of cozy fires, and then a whole new round.  For an entire day.  It's amazing how much more manageable life seems after spending an entire day doing nothing but pampering yourself.  

Anyway, this week already looks less fuzzy than all the previous ones in the recent past.  Everything seems just a bit crisper.  And what's more, we have some pretty freaking amazing friends - in the very same city as us.  Lucky barely even describes it.

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in tears (really)! This is the BEST! Such an inspiration to start love-bombing everyone ;)!! AuntT

Unknown said...

Dear Tara (and Clark!)

Great! Glad you soaked your fears away.

Aunt Evie