Monday, February 22, 2016

Converging sisters

Being ridiculous at MEC
This morning I took Theresa (Clark's sister) to the airport.  When I returned, the house was eerily quiet.  Her departure was the end of one crazy week and half, wherein the kids had not one, but two aunts come to visit and play -- a relatively rare occurrence in the doldrums of February.

Left: my sister, Faye. Right: Clark's sister, Theresa
The overlapping visits were not planned - my sister Faye was here on a working trip from where is currently living in Freetown, Sierra Leone, back briefly to do all the things she is unable to do in Africa.  Theresa  was just here visiting us, as well as one of her best friends, who also lives in Ottawa. Due to the massive, massive storm that hit Ottawa last week, Theresa was delayed by a day getting here, and the girls only actually both slept here at the same time for one evening. Nonetheless it was, as you can imagine, a jam-packed party-filled time.  Some highlights:

A beautiful wintery snowshoe through the woods with Theresa
We took Theresa to the science museum, both kids armed with clipboards, paper and pencils to be "scientists"
Finding some live butterflies and caterpillars

Walking down the sidewalk, looking ridiculously cute
 Theresa, Clark and I also volunteered in Linden's class -- Clark talking about the ocean, and leading some experiments, with Theresa and I as helpers:


demonstrating where the ocean is on the globe

showing some fieldwork slides to the class
 Of course, we also took some mandatory group shots:

Faye on the couch.... 
... and Theresa on the couch (photobombed by a strip of sunlight)
 And now... everyone has left me to fend for myself. The aunts are gone, and Clark left on Saturday for a week in New Orleans.  From a house full to bursting, to just the three of us.  Ah well.  February giveth, and February taketh away, I suppose.  Let's hope I survive relatively unscathed.  See you next week!

Linden being Linden.

No comments: