Monday, February 1, 2016

February Blues

Linden lovingly toted around this pine branch for an entire sledding adventure
It is, the calendars assure me, the first of February.  January has somehow been left behind entirely. I see mounds of dirty snow out my window, being slowly eaten away by the winds and rain and unusually warm temperatures that February has brought with it.  I am currently putting in an hour before I leave for my newest favourite activity - visiting my endodontist for a root canal (I truly feel as though I should have my dental and endo-dental teams over for a nice supper one day soon, as we are all such good buds at this point). I can barely sit, because I strapped on skates for the first time in years this weekend, and before I even started to try and skate, both feet went out from under me, and I landed very heavily and painfully directly on my tailbone. There is no question, my friends -- I have the February blues.

Clark unearthed a big box of old business cards the other day, and it unleashed a flurry of creative activity.  Juniper made a bunch of JuniperAndLinden.org business cards, a memory/matching game, and many other projects as well.
I do, however, have a few pictures from the weekend to share.  It mostly involved art projects and winter activities galore.  And despite injured tailbones, and deftly dealing with a few bad attitudes, I think we all mostly had a good time.

Juniper spent all her saved-up allowance and Christmas money, and bought a colour-it-yourself calendar this year (likely because I got one for Christmas).  She is very good about letting Linden collaborate
Madly off in all directions! (sledding at the golf course near our house)
I captured the one moment when all three people were upright. We've all got a lot of skating practice to do before it is an enjoyable activity, let me assure you.  Well - Clark is still pretty stable and able.  But the rest of us?  Ouch. Literally.
And finally, a little video of Linden x-country skiing for the first time this season.  Juniper and I weren't there -- my tailbone was far too sore to join the activity, and Juniper decided she'd rather have a "girls reading party" than ski.  But Clark and Linden had a blast.  Hopefully by next week the February Blues have dissipated!  See you then!

No comments: