Monday, March 7, 2016

short and sweet

Look who is suddenly Ms Confident on her skates!
I truly don't have much to blog about this week.  This is not because we were sedentary on the weekend - quite the opposite, in fact.  Not only did we go skating (as you can see), we also hit up two back-to-back parties on Saturday afternoon/evening.  Throughout all of this, however, Linden was clearly not feeling well.  He would complain bitterly about his head throughout the day, and his eyes were the eyes of a poor, sick little child.  He didn't complain at all about his ears, but I am now so used to the reoccurring symptoms that on Sunday I decided it was worth taking him to the doctor's office to see if he needed antibiotics.  Sure enough, he was suffering from a(nother) raging double ear infection.  Poor kid.
Sick-day selfie
Anyway, Linden got his antibiotics, and actually had a good, sleep-filled night.  I assumed today would be a sick day, but Linden was completely full of himself this morning, clearly trying to make up for a weekend of quiet snuggles and relative inactivity. His fever was gone, his head "egg" was gone, and it was his turn to bring in mystery bag to his class.  So even though I gave him the option of staying home, watching movies, playing quietly in the basement and reading books, he decided that he "loves school too much" (his words), and off he went.  I'm half expecting him to crash at some point, and to get a call home, but so far so good.


Who needs fancy "learn-to-skate" contraptions when you've got a shovel?
I'll leave you with some recent Linden-isms:

Clark:  "Linden, stickers are only for paper"
Linden: "I cannot {f}respect that".


(Checking out Linden's class photo, where every child is looking at the camera, except the girl directly next to Linden, who is looking at him and smiling)
Tara: "Linden, why is that girl looking at you instead of at the camera?"
Linden: (not skipping a beat) "Because I'm so handsome".

Alright, that's all I can think of for now.  I should really write them down when they happen, because clearly the child is the king of one-liners.  Next weekend is shaping up to be one filled with loads of fun snow activities, and warm farm-house-y goodness, so hopefully I'll have some interesting things to report.  See you then!

No comments: