Monday, July 4, 2016

Canada Day Weekend

A beautiful repeat visitor to our window feeder
Happy belated Canada Day!  And happy July 4th to all my American friends, as well.  I am going to keep this post short and sweet, as this is the first Monday of the kids' summer vacation, which means I am currently being bombarded with requests for food, demands to mediate internal disputes, and pressure to get us all out of the house and release a large store of pent-up energy.  But I should at the very least throw a few long-weekend pics on the blog, right?

1. Last day of school:
Thursday marked the end of Junior Kindergarten for Linden, and Grade 1 for Juniper.  While I had lovely first-day photo shoots for both kids, the last day shots were more of an afterthought, taken with my phone as I tried to usher everyone off to swimming lessons.  But here they are:

Juniper, last dayshot

Linden, (cheeky) last day shot
 2. Canada Day
We hosted Canada day this year at our place, inviting Jane's family and Erin's family.  I was two days out of some not super-fun-periodontal surgery, and therefore was not at my hostess-ing best (and couldn't fully enjoy all the yummy food, either).  Also, though there was a shot of the three ladies (me, Erin and Jane), Jane felt she looked "too pregnant", and I literally was unable to smile.  So that will remain forever stored away. But it was still a blast, and the kids, in particular had loads of fun:

Juniper and Poppy
They (sort of) sat still for about 10 seconds for a group shot
 3. Lac Bleu
On Sunday, we met Oli and family for a little hike around Lac Bleu.  This is the same place where Erin and I fed the chickadees last winter - a beautiful boardwalk hike no matter what time of year.  Though we brought seeds, the chickadees were not interested this time around, but it was still lovely:

Juniper, hoping for (and perhaps a little trepidatious about) some chickadee love
With Oli on the boardwalk
Linden, with a long piece of grass in his mouth, acting as a clear role model for his younger admirer
OK - off to go do some summer vacay parenting.  Wish me luck!

No comments: