Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The last for awhile...

Their very last day with Val (and Lily!), who provided such wonderful after school (and sometimes full-day) care for the kids while we were here

I come to you on this sunny Tuesday, a day later than usual.  This is supposed to be the week where Clark and I pack up this place like crazy people - the kids are at "circus camp", Clark is done at work, and we have a tight deadline now.  But so far, this week has been "Tara trying to recover from a gastro-bug, and praying that now one else falls victim".  It has also, incidentally, been "Tara trying to negotiate a defense date that isn't literally when her family is en route, or during her father's big 80th birthday celebration" (the 2 possible dates I've been given). Thus the late post.  But I shall persevere, however quickly, as this is quite possibly the last post for awhile.  What with packing up all my gear, being in various different cities and states of dishevel, and perhaps even defending my PhD, I believe I will be taking a blogging break for at least a couple of weeks.  But rest assured there will be loads to update when I pick it up again!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few photos from last Saturday, which we spent at the "Puppets Up!" festival in the wonderful little town of Almonte.  It was really quite fun!  Alrighty, everyone, send good thoughts if you can spare them for the weeks ahead - they are going to be a doozy!

Live puppet?
A queen, of course
Their own personal puppet show
Hand-made finger puppet... 
... and sock puppet
A couple of larger-than-life ladies from the parade

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your defense Tara!