Monday, October 17, 2016

needing a weekend for the weekend

Officially 5!
As I went to peruse picture choices for this week's post, I realized I had one.  One solitary photo.  This seemed unfathomable to me, as the weekend was so completely jam-packed - full of events and activities and non-stop motion.  It started off with Linden's official 5th birthday on Friday, for which we produced a meal of choice (Paprika chicken), a cake (specifically, a "tree cake that is both white and chocolate, but not together, and white icing, and maybe chocolate icing"), and, of course, some presents.  It was just the four of us, but after last weekend's Fredericton birthday blow-out, the four of us was plenty.

We then moved on to Saturday, wherein we had a school BBQ, followed by not one, but TWO consecutive birthday parties to attend. On Sunday we finally got to see Martha and family at a lovely lunch at their house, then dropped Clark off for a week of fieldwork in Cape Breton.  That night, as I hustled two very tired kids off to bed, Juniper looked at me and said "I feel like we just had four weekends. I need a break!" And that, folks, is what you get when you party too hard. I think if both kids manage to drag themselves through school today, we'll have some good old fashioned down-time this afternoon, followed by early bedtimes. 

See you next week - hopefully with a few more photos!


No comments: