Monday, January 9, 2017

Mostly normal

snow-happy
I'm going to be honest - there isn't a whole lot of interest to blog about this week.  It was (happily, I would argue), a relatively gentle reintroduction to the winter routine after the break.  Certainly, there were ups and downs, and some noteworthy events, as there are in any given week.  For instance: 

1. My parents were down for a short trip (meaning also that Clark and I got to go on a date and see Rogue 1!):

crazy 8s and crosswords
2. We got around to using our Christmas chalk paint, resulting in an entire bottom portion of the den wall being  a chalk board:
Final touches on a chalk wall
3. We finally got a proper snowfall:

Linden helpfully "sweeps" the snow from the driveway. (To be fair, he and I shovelled on our own for about 45 minutes before this)

Also noteworthy is the fact that Juniper finally decided to act on my daily ultimatum -- "you either sit through me brushing your hair without complaining, or we go get it cut".  On Saturday, we got it cut.  Ridiculously, I don't have a picture - I'll have to be sure to get one for next week.  She was, however, very pleased, especially when the hairdresser curled it all at the end.  She figured she looked about 14 years old (which, I'm sad to say, is completely in keeping with her teenager 'tude that has been surfacing with more and more regularity). Perhaps by the time she really reaches 14, she will have gotten it all out of her system. That's how it works, right?

See you next week!

No comments: