Monday, October 30, 2017

short and sweet

Linden's photo posing game is on point.  I like to call this "fence casual"
I have a very short little post to offer today. First off, I am moving very slowly this morning, trying (I believe) to battle off the most recent bug that Linden has dragged into the house.  Sore throat, snot, cough - the usual.  Poor Linden gets blamed for all manner of things, but every time I watch his filthy little fingers going towards his mouth , the rage begins to build. "Linden, WASH YOUR HANDS! Get your fingers OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!" I constantly sound like one of those hand-sanitizer-wielding, neat-freak, germaphobe-psycho moms, but at this point, enough is enough. It is a losing battle, it seems. 

Also, I took only a very small handful of photos this week, all from a woods walk in Hemlock Ravine yesterday.  This is not because we twiddled our thumbs this weekend, but rather because the activities mostly did not lend themselves to photos.  For instance, on Saturday, Linden really REALLY wanted to go buy some feathers.  Specifically, he wanted the bigs ones he had seen at Michaels.  He had some birthday money, and I guess some really important feather-related plans, so we decided to acquiesce... as long as we turned it into a family bike ride.  So that's what we did!  It was a pretty epic adventure, to Dartmouth Crossing and back, but it was actually pretty fun.  So far, the feathers have been used to make a stuffed turkey and two quills (which were employed, semi-successfully, to do some writing and drawing).  Also, there are now feathers just... scattered randomly throughout the house.  Of course.
On Linden's request...

...behold...

... the woods-walk dance sequence!

Featuring Linden's signature side-arm slice-and-point move, and accompanying intense facial expressions.
Besides, I might as well save up my blogging energy for the next two weeks' posts, as they are both sure to be chalk-full.  There are plans afoot, not the least of which is tomorrow's Hallowe'en extravnganza.  See you next week!

My very cute little crew

No comments: