Monday, November 6, 2017

The Hallowe'en Roundup

Warriors
I must admit, I'm a little out of my blogging element this morning.  We discovered the other day that the drive allocated to photos on my computer is now at 100% capacity.  That means that I can simply no longer upload anything to iphoto (and therefore I also cannot manipulate photos). Luckily, Clark managed to upload the Hallowe'en photos earlier this week to his computer, and I was therefore able to pick and choose some to go on the blog today.  But so far we have nothing from later on in the week, including a visit from Theresa and Scott.  Ah well!  We have ordered a larger drive, so hopefully at some point in the near future all will be well again in photo-land.  Until then, hopefully these will suffice!

The prep work: gutting, designing and carving the pumpkins:
We only bought two pumpkins this year - one for each of the kids to design.  We also left it to the last minute (these were done the night before Hallowe'en), but all turned out well.  It is always Clark's job to lead and oversee the pumpkin activities, as his main goal involves procuring and roasting the seeds.

scraping the last bits

Juniper took the job very seriously
pumpkin guts!

designed and ready to carve
Juniper's all lit up...
... and Linden's!


Halowe'en
As the title photo reveals, the kids opted this year to be a ninja and a knight, respectively.  Neither wore their actual costume to school (due to the no masks/weapons policy), but we made up for it with a massive photo shoot before heading out for the trick-or-treating portion of the evening.  Behold!

Sir Linden

Fashionable but fierce, like all good ninjas
Battle scene!

Sneaky and... flexible?

Coming atcha!

Oh look - just a sweet guy under the mask!

Intimidating duo

And that, folks, is all I managed to scrape together.  Hopefully everything is up and running next week... if not, then I'll see you when I see you!



No comments: