Thursday, November 26, 2009

The adventures of Gumby


Our little Gumby poses with a toy Gumby at Woozles last weekend


Well, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been working on a little something. A little video montage, if you will. It's not done yet, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. In the meantime, here's a few little photos and updates from the last week and a bit.

So, I've been continuing to experiment with making things for Juniper. Here she is, sporting some overalls that, after much tweaking, seem to work. They are a little big for her in the body, but I've decided that is just something I'll have to live with for just about everything I make her. These particular overalls are reversible - the other side is that floral flannelette you see in the rolls and the applique flower, and they have a pocket on them (you can kind of see them in a picture later on with Faye and Brent).


I've also recently finished knitting her a hat, and once I've knit the mittens to go with it, I'll post the ensemble.

As for visitors, my sister faye and her s.o. Brent came down last weekend, and seeing as though neither of them were diseased this time, Brent got to hold her. I figured that was worth a picture (notice the reverse overalls):

Clark's sister Theresa also came down that weekend, but it was rather bittersweet, as she had a sore throat, and had recently been hanging around some swine flu people. So she spent her time with one of my bandanas over her nose and mouth, and she didn't get to touch Juniper. Thus, no pictures. But we enjoyed her visit anyway!

Finally, Clark's cousin Eddy was in town yesterday, and got to meet Juniper for the first time! We had a nice supper together, and then Juniper went to sleep and the adults got to hang out for a bit.


And what else is new? Well, Erika and Wesley have been away this week, so we've been taking care of Lenny. That means that he is sharing the bed with us as well, so in the mornings, all four of us are competing for space :) But it has all worked out fine.

Besides that, it's life as usual! Clark and I broke down last week and got our H1N1 shots. This wasn't an easy decision, and we wouldn't have gotten them if it was just the two of us, but wedecided it was worth trying to keep Juniper safe if we can. That, and I just had to stop over thinking it. I've been feeling a little under the weather since then, but nothing serious. We're still going to mom and babes yoga twice a week, I'm still teaching step on Friday mornings, and we've gone for lots and lots of walks when it's been nice.

Stay tuned for the videos!

No comments: