Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekend (and early week) adventures

Pretty much everything we do these days is an adventure - literally. Even if Juniper and I are just going out for a walk around the block or a quick trip to the grocery store, I preface it by asking her "Juniper, are you ready to go on a little adventure?" Of course, she always is!

This past weekend, however, we made sure to get out on some especially fun adventures - that is, we took a couple of fun day trips. On Saturday, we spent the day in Wolfville. We went to the farmer's market, poked around town, and then met our friends Matt and Marchell for lunch at this great little place called "The Vegetarian Lunchbox", and checked out a neat little yarn store called Gaspereau Valley Fibres. Of course, we finished things off with a trip to "Just Us". Nothing to strenuous, but really, a very nice trip.


Then, on Sunday we braved the windy, rainy, foggy weather, and nipped out to Peggy's Cove. This was Juniper's first visit to this iconic Nova Scotia landmark, and she spent most of the time snuggling against Clark in an attempt, no doubt, to escape the cold rain and wind. It was, nonetheless, a fun little outing, and we were rewarded with some really great big crashing waves (can you make them out in the background?) Juniper decided she'd be a little saucy for the photo shoot :)


Finally, last night we had a really fun dinner visit with my cousin Claire, who is here this week for a conference. Although Juniper is seeming so big and grown-up these days, I'm sure she feels tiny to Claire, who has a robust (and adorable) little boy just over a year older than Juniper.


Stay tuned - I'm almost finished another pair of overalls, and I have a dress on the way. I'll post them when I'm done, and Juniper feels like modeling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Juniper is soooooo bueatiful. I am loving the videos - makes me feel almost like I am there.