Friday, November 13, 2009

A whole slew of stuff

Will Juniper hate me for posting this one day? Perhaps. But with a child this cute, how can you resist?

So much for keeping up on things as they happen! Since my last post, there have been a number of things I should have been casually throwing on the blog as I went along, but no - now I'm going to try and squish them all in again. First of all, juniper has, once again, met a bunch of people for the first time.

My aunt Janie, who is now living in Newfoundland, was in Halifax for a few days, and came over to meet her great-niece. I don't have a picture of it here, but she brought along a puppet for when Juniper gets older - a chef puppet that you can move his mouth and his hand. She said it reminded her of when I performed "Les Poissons" at the Junior High talent show. For anyone who was around back then, that was a little snippit of the past that I hadn't thought about for a VERY long time!

We also had nice visits from Clark's cousin, Sarah, who was doing some fieldwork in Halifax for the week:

And our friend Crispin, who has been trying to find a time to pop by for awhile now. Juniper, of course, was more than happy to meet all of her new admirers.


I've also been sewing up some new duds for Juniper. I'm still ironing out the kinks, but I think I'm getting closer. I broke down and ordered some plastic snaps and a snap applying thing from ebay. I had upgraded from "sew-on" snaps to "hammer-on" snaps, but even the hammered ones have been giving me trouble. So this is the next step up again. I held myself back from getting the 100$ profession snap press - that will be if I feel the need to upgrade again :)
Anyway, here are a couple of my newest endeavours:

This dress is made of fleece, so it's pretty bulky (but warm!). But I put a tie in the back so that it's not just a huge sac. I also did my "new" thing - that is, I made it double-layered, with the inside layer coming only about half-way down, and then attaching a cut-off onesie to this second layer. Can you picture it? If not, I can post pics. Anyway, this helps to prevent against the inevitable "dress-ride-up" syndrome.


These are overalls that I made. I cut the legs a little high - I'll have to fix that on the next pair I make. But they are reversible! Fancy! They will be far easier to do once I get my snap-putter-on thing.

And what else? Well, Juniper is practically an old woman now. I take that back - that's kind of a disturbing image. But she sure is getting older. Here she is, in her little high chair that attaches tot the table - she has been sitting up there with us when we have meals! We chomp on our food, she chomps on one of her toys and teething ring.


Teething ring, you ask? Yes, I think her little gums are feeling the first tingles of teeth. They have not come close to poking through yet, but she's doing an awful lot of slobbering and chomping on things in a teething sort of way. Or what I imagine a teething sort of way to be. Here she is, having a little nap, teething ring poised and read for action:


And finally, a video for your viewing pleasure. It is Juniper doing some push-ups during "tummy-time". As you can see, she likes to take lots of rests in between push-ups.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a bodypumper in the making!