Friday, January 3, 2014

On our own

SNOW! Hanging out in our brand new quinzhee
Happy New Year!!! Clark was actually in charge of the blog this week, as I was off on a solo trip galavanting around Nova Scotia. It was an EPIC trip, which involved staying with some wonderful people (Zsofi, Will, Sylvie and Eva in Lunenburg; and then Toni, John and Isabella in St. Margaret's Bay); attending the super classy New Year's Eve wedding of our dear friends Martha and Josh; seeing a tonne of old friends; and making my way home amidst a pretty spectacular blizzard. The fact that I am even typing this from home right now is truly miraculous - no one had any expectations that I would be able to make it back to the US any sooner than Sunday. Somehow, however, my flight took off as scheduled yesterday afternoon (really and truly, the only flight that wasn't cancelled - they literally closed the entire Logan airport after we landed), and Clark decided at the last minute to make his way out to pick me up from the airport (knowing that all the busses were being cancelled as well, meaning otherwise I would be stranded in Boston for an undetermined amount of time).  This involved lining up our saintly friends Ben and Liz to put the kids to bed and look after them while we were gone, and borrowing our other friends Peter and Kelly's 4-wheel drive with two working headlights to do the harrowing drive.
Anyway.
I'm home!  And I have very few pictures, as I was travelling as light as humanly possible, and therefore didn't bring the good camera.  I did, however, want to post a pretty awesome "now and then" shot involving two photos of Zsofi, me and Erin on a hotel bed, almost 20 YEARS apart.  Can you imagine??? (kudos to Faye for digging the picture out from my photo album at my parent's house today and then scanning it for me, despite being quite hung-over).

Zsofi, Tara Erin, Hotel Bed c.1994
Zsofi, Tara, Erin, Hotel Bed 2014

So, without further ado, here is Clark:

We had a pretty good week, though I don't have a large amount of photo documentation to accompany it. It's hard to have enough hands to take pictures and make sure Linden doesn't jump off of something high enough that he might injure himself. I shot a few short video clips at various points during the week, and I've slapped them together below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! LOVE that 20-year back-in-time shot!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you succeed in taking the time to do this each week. The blog is great, as usual!