Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day


Everyone is looking at the camera and smiling!
Happy mother's day to all you wonderful mamas (and mamas to be) out there!  We had an extra special mother's day weekend this year, as Deborah and Yvon came for a visit. Lots of swimming, exploring, walks through the woods, yummy dinners, and Clark and I even went out on a date! There just happened to be a talk in the village on Saturday night given by none other than Radio Lab's Robert Krulwich, and Clark and I both got to go. Together. How awesome is that?
Deborah and I also got treated to a wonderful mother's day brunch, I got hand-painted flower pots with a fresh yellow mum in each of them, and an afternoon to myself on Sunday to enjoy the beautiful warm sunny day at the beach.  You can't get much better than that!  Here are some photos from the weekend:
Offering the sheep some grass
Juniper makes us laugh for a group shot

In the village

Bamboo teepee at the Saitos'
And just for nostalgia's sake - a picture of me and my fantastic mom, c. January 1980 (I'm only weeks old there, right?)  Have a great week!


2 comments:

Robert Krulwich said...

Glad you could come to my talk. And Happy Mother's Day!

(Somebody sent me your post

yours,
Robert Krulwich

Tara said...

No. Way. Ummmm... Robert Krulwich, you just made my day. Or maybe my year. And you gave a pretty fantastic talk, by the way.