Monday, July 27, 2015

NB part 1

The gang at Yoho Lake

We've only been in New Brunswick for 2 full days, but I already have an epic amount of photos to share.  This is in large part due the brilliant planning of Erin, who realized weeks (months?) ago that there was potential for a large group of our friends to be in Fredericton at the same time this summer - a rare and amazing occurrence these days.  She therefore started planning a big gathering at her family's lakeside cottage, which ended up working beautifully.  It was the perfect beginning to summer vacation, and we were able to almost forget the 12 long hours we had all spent in the car the day before.   Anyway, I won't bother with stories - I will just post the pictures, and then let Clark caption them (I'm nervous!).  I'm off to join his mom at her pottery studio space - the first time I'll have had my hands in clay since we left the Cape.  It sure is nice to be home!  See you next week with what I'm sure will be even more NB vacation photos.



Dinosaur break! (somewhere in Quebec)

It was a pretty great place for a quick stop and stretch.

Lunch at the Boyce Farmer's Market (Linden is a big fan of the bratwurst).

A whole lot of diggers and rocks at Yoho

Lots of "constructioning" to do.

Best buds!

Juniper and I set out for a paddle (and to gather some scientific data).

Yoho kids!



"Someday, all these raspberries will be yours"

Odell exploring

Group expedition to climb the roots


Catalogue material?

Picnic lunch at Odell with the Koller-Martin clan

"Baking" with seeds and berries

Best. Hats. Ever.

Classic Fredericton

... and ice cream cones were consumed.

Officer's Square.

Checking out the stegosaurus skeleton with Aunt Theresa

A favourite book for bedtime.

No comments: