Monday, September 26, 2016

Another birthday (fascinator-style)

Who wouldn't want their 37th cake decorated with gummy bears and smarties?
Well, folks, I'm going to be honest.  I don't have much for you this week.  Other than pulling off a very small but heartfelt (and homemade) birthday party for Clark (and a shoutout to my sister Andrea, who shares the same birthday, just from all the way across the country), this week has been spent preparing for my very imminent trip to Newfoundland.

No, really - that is a hanging succulent in the background, not a jaunty fascinator. But I hope that in years hence, we'll somehow assume it is a fascinator.  
 It is not that things didn't happen, but rather that I either wasn't involved, or wasn't cognizant enough to bring a camera and document things.  For instance, on Sunday, Clark and kids met up with Zsofi and the girls for some Scarecrow Festival Fun in Mahone Bay, and I stayed home.  Clark wasn't *ahem* as on ball with the camera as I might have been, but what are you going to do?

Sylvie and Spiderman making scarecrow crafts
Anyway,  I will end this scanty little post now to start my day and try not to panic.  I leave on Wednesday, and defend on Friday, so by next week I'll have some news to share, one way or the other.  If you think of it on Friday, try sending some positive energy my way at about... 1pm Newfoundland time, OK? Thanks!  And with that, I'll leave you with this gorgeous mushroom that greeted me on a lake loop last week.

I can never resist a good mushroom picture.

No comments: