Monday, February 27, 2017

The calm after the storm

Unsurprisingly, I couldn't convince Linden to put down the stick - not even for one nice photo
As I look out the window this morning at the brilliant sun and quickly melting snow, it is almost difficult to remember the ridiculousness of the last couple of weeks.  For example, a little snippet from the height of blizzard day that I neglected to post last time:


This is, I suppose, what coastal places like Halifax do best: extreme fluctuations in weather. The key, of course, is to take advantage of whatever is currently on offer.  Crazy blizzard?  Do crazy blizzard activities!  Gorgeous spring-like weekend?  Perhaps do some of the following:

1. Let mom sleep in (!), and then go to the library.  When I finally roused myself and walked down to meet everyone, no one even really acknowledged my presence: 

Juniper didn't even look up
The boys were also both busy
2. Have some friends over for brunch!
Linden helps me make fresh bagels
The kids had their own room to eat, and then happily kept themselves amused downstairs.  What is better than that? 
 3. Get out on a nice, warm, slushy hike.  Everyone was clearly in dire need of woods romp - afterwards, Linden sighed happily and said "that was such a good hike.  Let's do it again tomorrow!"  When I reminded him that he had school, he quickly began figuring out some after-school logistics and possibilities.

After some point near the beginning, I stopped warning them to not get completely sodden.
Exploring the crazy ice cracks
Juniper, of course, also brought her camera along.
Tree shot!
Some of the only photos of me and Clark these days are taken by Juniper.
Such joy in running up a hill, and then running down again!
Making plans and chatting closely, with a pretty spectacular backdrop
Just for fun: the McKay bridge, encased in fog
And that is it for this week!  I have, however, one last treat: JuniperandLinden.org is back with a new video! You can watch it here, or visit their website!

No comments: