Monday, February 6, 2017

The inevitable...

Linden's first ever climbing adventure! (spotted by Will)
I will keep this post short this morning - Juniper is currently reading in bed, with an upset tummy.  She may or may not actually be sick, but I am not interested in chancing a repeat of the time she threw up all over herself at school.  Plus, Linden had a good dose of stomach bug last week, so... probability for real sickness is unfortunately high. Such is life at this stage of the game, I suppose.  (Do you notice how philosophical and nonchalant I sound?  Not bad for a woman who has an irrational fear of all things vomit-related, and a husband who is about to fly to BC for the week).

The morning after puking for an entire night, Linden still felt honour-bound to shovel the driveway...
... but didn't last very long.
 The two big events this past week (other than sickness), were that:
1. Juniper got new glasses!
This isn't a great picture, but here are the new specs!
 2. I went on a solo trip to Fredericton for the weekend!  It was all very surreal.  The impetus for going was that Theatre UNB (under Len Falkenstein) was putting on a play called Better Living, which is a prequel to the one that I performed in during my undergraduate senior drama class (Escape From Happiness).  I couldn't resist!  I was sooooooo glad I went.  The only truly shocking aspect was when I read the director's notes, and realized that we had staged the play SEVENTEEN years ago.  That hardly seems possible.  It made me very, very nostalgic, and sad that I had to leave that part of myself behind so long ago. Maybe it will come back at some point?  It's always possible.  Also, I got the chance to nip on over to Houlton, Maine, where I picked up a package I had had shipped there a few weeks ago.  What could it possibly be, you ask? Stay tuned, and I'll post pictures once it's all set up next week.

View from one of my favourite Fredericton walks
 Meanwhile, Clark and the kids made out marvelously without me (and without a car, for that matter!)  Highlights included joining Will and the girls for some climbing fun, spending some time at the beautiful Halifax Library, and getting to briefly hang out with Deb and Yvon (Clark's mom and Stepdad, who were up for the weekend).

Hanging with Sylvie and Eva between climbs
Making "welcome home" cards for me at Starbucks
And now to play the waiting game with Juniper, to see if this materializes into full-fledged flu or not.  Likely there will be videos involved.  Wish me luck!

No comments: